Find us on Surprisingly Special

As of 2016, this blog, Pancakes in Bed, is no longer active. Please come find us at SurprisinglySpecial.com!!

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Halloween Countdown: Funny Felt Monsters

6 days 'til Halloween!

Sticking with the monster theme from yesterday's Monster Bowling post, Calvin and I have been making some more monster mischief with these funny felt monster faces.


All you need for this one is felt in assorted colors and a pair of scissors. Possibly a marker if you want to draw your pieces before you cut them out. 

I just freehand cut out two big ovals for the monster faces and then a bunch of assorted eye, nose and mouth shapes and a few hair pieces. I ended up with some eyebrows and ears from the scraps. I didn't worry about the pieces being neat... these monsters are supposed to be funny after all.

Then Calvin and I started playing around with putting faces together. Calvin also modeled some of the face pieces on himself ;)





Because I am a little bit of a control freak, I ended up marking little dots on the faces to show where to put pieces for eyes, nose, and mouth. You can barely see the dots.


Later, I set up the faces on Calvin's easel with all the pieces in a plastic tub so that he could make a mess of it play with the monster faces independently.



Happy Monster Making!

Check out my other Halloween Countdown posts for more Halloween-themed toddler play ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment