Confession: I watched the new live Sound of Music with Carrie Underwood and Stephen Moyer at least 3 times! I don't love it as much as the original, but I still really enjoyed it and it makes nice background noise :)
Segue to blog topic: Wrapping presents is one of my favorite things! And lately I have been into DIY gift wrap. I stopped buying wrapping paper and gift bags and I just buy plain brown postal paper (it's like $5 for a gigantic roll at Target in the office section). So for the holidays, I wanted to share some ideas for dressing up brown paper packages.
|Brown postal paper + white ribbon + some simple embellishments|
|Let it snow: For a holiday gift, add a cut paper snowflake!|
|Stamp happy: I did this one with my toddler's foam stamps for kind of a shabby-chic look, but you could really dress it up with fancy stamps and ink.|
|Paper punches: These snowflakes are scrapbook paper cut out with a paper punch. Stickers would have a similar effect. For a more elaborate design you could layer shapes or use more than one shape/size/color punch!|
|Washi wonders: I <3 washi tape! So many fun colors and patterns.|
If you are like me and have a stash of craft materials, even just leftovers from other projects, you can probably find embellishments in your own house. Here are a few other ideas:
- Use interesting ribbon... something fancy and chic or with a fun print or texture.
- Add a fresh flower or two tucked under the bow.
- Lay a strip of double sided tape across the package and sprinkle on glitter or confetti.
- Tape a photo to the top of the package.
- Use letter stamps to stamp the name of the recipient.
- Draw a picture or a doodle on the paper (or let your kid do it!).