Find us on Surprisingly Special

As of 2016, this blog, Pancakes in Bed, is no longer active. Please come find us at SurprisinglySpecial.com!!

Monday, June 17, 2013

Fresh Air for Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all the awesome dads and grandpas we know!

Last year, Father's Day was a double celebration for James. Not only was he the proud new daddy of our sweet Calvin, but it was also the day of his graduation ceremony at Stanford!

James receiving his PhD hood from his advisor. June 2012


James with his proud mom and dad.

James and teeny tiny Calvin who was just two months old at the time!

This year we celebrated James as a soon-to-be father of two! On Father's Day I was 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant... fun fact: the last time I was 36 weeks and 3 days pregnant was the day Calvin was born! So we are fast approaching baby brother's arrival! My mom is in town and staying with us as we get ready for the new baby.

We had brunch at home and James got his Father's Day gifts. 

Our brunch food all came from Whole Foods. I didn't cook, unless you count the fruit salad. 

James drinks coffee every morning and beer with dinner every evening so I bought him a new travel coffee mug with coffee to go with it, and a new Duvel tulip-shaped beer glass with some Duvel to go with it, of course!
I couldn't resist getting him a bottle of "Double Daddy" IPA! 

That afternoon, we drove down to Edgewood Park for a picnic and a hike. I didn't go hiking, but James and Calvin went on a father-son hike and my mom and I rested at the picnic site. I wish I could  have gone hiking with  them, but I am taking it easy these days so that hopefully I will make it to term with this baby :)

Calvin is ready to chow down. 
We did a Whole Foods version of our usual TJ's picnic... fancier and more expensive! Sourdough baguettes, salami (nitrite free and organic, of course!), mozzarella and smoked gouda, fancy olives, fancy hummus, sliced veggies, fruit salad and chocolate chip cookies. Wine (in a carton!) for mom and James, coconut water for me, and plain water for everybody. 



Calvin practiced standing :) What a big boy! 

After our picnic, James put Calvin in the Ergo and headed off on the trail. Mom and I stayed behind and lounged on the lawn.

Look at these two handsome guys!!

Calvin napped during the hike and when they got back, we packed up the car and drove through the mountains toward the beach just as we had done on Mother's Day. And just like on Mother's Day we went to dinner at the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company restaurant. We had a yummy meal and all the dads at the restaurant got beer glasses with the brewery logo as Father's Day gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment