Find us on Surprisingly Special

As of 2016, this blog, Pancakes in Bed, is no longer active. Please come find us at SurprisinglySpecial.com!!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

May Flowers for Mother's Day

I hope all the wonderful mamas I am lucky enough to know had a great Mother's Day last week! I got to spend the day with my sweet husband and son enjoying gorgeous weather, blooming gardens, and the breezy beach.

We went to Filoli where the gardens were in full spring splendor and a special storybook-themed flower show was being held in the manor. The flower show featured arrangements crafted by floral artists and inspired by classic children's books like C.S. Lewis' Alice in Wonderland  and Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit. I am sorry to say that we didn't get any photos of the storybook flowers. It was a bit crowded, and we had Calvin in arms - plus James is still in a sling and hand brace. Those are my excuses for not having pictures of the flower show to share!

But as we walked through the gardens James took some nice photos of me and Calvin and I am very happy to have some pretty pictures of my seven-months-pregnant self to show off :) We also got some sweet pictures of James and Calvin.


31 Weeks



Calvin is touching a tiny caterpillar. Right after this picture was taken, he picked it up and threw it on the ground!
Guess he wasn't a fan!


Calvin is watching the musician onstage in this picnic area at Filoli. 

After touring the gardens and flower show, we weren't ready to call it a day yet so we drove through the mountains to the coast and went to a beach in Half Moon Bay.





We ended the day with dinner at one of our favorite restaurants, the Half Moon Bay Brewing Co. restaurant. I know a brewery seems like a strange choice for a pregnant mama on Mother's Day, but I really do like it there whether or not I get to drink the beer ;) I had this amazing bread pudding for dessert... sourdough soaked in coconut milk and drizzled with caramel... mmmm... what a treat! Happy Mother's Day to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment