Find us on Surprisingly Special

As of 2016, this blog, Pancakes in Bed, is no longer active. Please come find us at SurprisinglySpecial.com!!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mom-made "Larabars"


Thank you, thank you, thank you to my dear friend Amanda for suggesting that I try making these homemade "Larabars" from 100 Days of Real Food! These are just my speed: super easy to make and super yummy to eat!

You just throw a handful of dried dates in to a food processor and then add stuff like other dried fruit, nuts, peanut butter, almond butter, or chocolate chips. Once all the goodies are chopped, ground, and blended, press them into a rectangle and cut it into bars. (It helps to let it sit in the fridge for a bit before trying to actually pick up one of the bars.)

Here are the combinations I've made so far (did I mention I love making these things??):

Cranberry Walnut

These were my first try. Pretty basic, pretty yummy. I didn't think too hard about the flavor, I just used what I happened to have in my pantry. Not too shabs!




Mango Macadamia

So yummy! I had kind of a hard time getting all the mango and macadamia nuts chopped and blended, so the bars ended up a little chunky which was fine.  Next time I'll chop the mango a little more before putting it in the food processor.

 


Almond Butter Chocolate Chip

Wow. Just... I can't... I don't even... Just wow.

These are so so ridiculously yummy. To me, it's like eating chocolate chip cookie dough. James said they were kind of like brownies. I let my cousin try one and the next day he texted me to say he couldn't stop thinking about them. I have made like 3 batches in a row of this same flavor because it is so addictive!




No comments:

Post a Comment