Find us on Surprisingly Special

As of 2016, this blog, Pancakes in Bed, is no longer active. Please come find us at SurprisinglySpecial.com!!

Monday, August 18, 2014

To Granny Anne's House We Go


Airplane selfie!! #blurrybecausewiggly
My #1 travel tip for flying with babies/toddlers is... (drumroll)... bring Granny! Disclaimer: This only works if your kids' granny is as awesome as Granny Anne. The four of us flew from CA to GA so that the kids and I could spend a couple of weeks at Granny Anne and Grandpa Dan's house. James has a big boy job and couldn't take so much time off, so he joined us later. The flight with Granny was great. She was totally prepared with snacks, episodes of Mickey Mouse on her Kindle, and toddler headphones. Also, I remembered to count the diapers that time.

Staying at my parents' house with my two kids was... awesome. Are you surprised? I was a little surprised. I had been worried about being away from James for so long and feeling like a single parent. But Granny and Danpa are so great with Calvin and Henry - not just the fun part of cuddling and playing with them, but the work part too. Mixing formula, giving Henry his meds, changing diapers, taking Calvin to the potty, packing the diaper bag, putting them to bed... my parents helped with all of it. They were amazing. And the boys LOVED spending so much time with them. Here are some pics from our Georgia vacay... being touristy, visiting family, and just hanging at Granny Anne's house :)

Big fuzzy cat and books about animals. Calvin is in heaven. 


Splashin' in the fountain!
Splashin' in the kiddie pool!
Everywhere we went, Granny sat between the two carseats!
Zoo Atlanta
Cooling off with the mist fans at the zoo... #hotlanta
This sweet beluga whale really took an interest in Calvin! I think they became friends. 
Calvin made friends with the penguins too
Brunch at the Cracker Barrel with my grandparents
Even Henry ate some grits! Yum!
So nice to visit with my cousin Sandy and my grandmother, "Mama Sheila" 
Calvin runnin' around with his cousin Alex
Sittin' on the porch at Mama Sheila and Daddy John's house
It's Uncle Alex!
When James arrived, my parents babysat so we could go out and see some friends. Date night in Atlanta!

Oh we hated to say goodbye to Granny and Danpa!! The boys and I spent the whole month of July with them and it was wonderful. We had a great time in Georgia and I felt very thankful to have gotten to see my grandparents and my brother and some of our long lost friends while we were there. But we had other grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins to see... so off to Alabama we went! And that is another trip for another post!

1 comment:

  1. we so enjoyed having y'all here! the house is too quiet without you! you need to come back soon - Calvin had just barely gotten to see/know/play in Bunten Road's very cool playground!

    ReplyDelete